AIR_Offenbach: open for visual artists based in Offenbach
The AIR_Offenbach program aims to promote contemporary visual arts and international exchange between the city of Frankfurt/Offenbach and emerging art centres worldwide. In the spirit of a converging Rhine-Main region, the programme 2020 will also be extended to Offenbach am Main under the title AIR_Offenbach.
Each year, one residence in one of the currently six partner cities of the AIR program will be reserved exclusively for an Offenbach artist. In 2021 the AIR_Offenbach exchange took place with Antwerp, in 2022 with Helsinki.
June - August 2022
aritst: Carlotte Rahn
AIR_Offenbach 2023: Kuala Lumpur
Who can apply?
- AIR_Offenbach is aimed exclusively at artists who live and work in Offenbach.
- The artists should be highly qualified and ideally have a successful degree from an art college or be in an advanced stage of their studies (intermediate diploma or similar).
- To be fluent in English is a further requirement
What is provided?
- 1000 € of monthly financial support
- travel costs
- accommodation in a studio-apartment
- integration into an artist network
- curatorial support from the hosting organization
How to apply?
Applications need to be handed in by postal service in hard copy as well as digitally via e-mail. Your application is classed as complete only when all accompanying documentation has also arrived.
A complete application in english should consist of:
- completed application form for the specific city, including descriptions of
- Professional Background (max. 1500 characters incl. blanks)
- Motivation (max. 1500 characters incl. blanks)
- Work Proposal (max. 3000 characters incl. blanks)
- artistic CV
- work portfolio or catalogue (max. 16 pages - please limit the data volume of the digital version)
production and exhibition platform
60329 Frankfurt am Main
The selection of resident artists follows the same rules in Frankfurt/Offenbach as it does in the guest countries: An independent jury selects up to five candidates and suggests these to an independent jury of the partner organization abroad. Of these candidates, they select a scholar who they believe is at a stage in their artistic development at which they will be likely to benefit artistically from a three month stay and who fits with the exchange program of the individual institutions the best.