Information for applicants from Frankfurt
When selecting our partner institutions abroad, we attach the greatest value to their curatorial and artistic integration on-site. The Artist in Residence Program should not to be regarded purely as material award, but as possibility for gathering and artistically developing new impressions and experiences.
Who can apply?
- AIR_Frankfurt is aimed exclusively at artists who live and work in Frankfurt.
- The artists should be highly qualified and be successful graduates of an art college. To be fluent in English is a further requirement.
What is provided?
- three-month stay at one of the partner organizations abroad
- 1000 € of monthly financial support
- travel costs
- accomodation in a studio-apartment
- realization of a final project
- integration into an artist network
- curatorial support from the hosting organization
How to apply?
The application deadlines for artists based in Frankfurt and the corresponding requirements are published on the basis homepage at regular intervals.
(No unsolicited application!) Applications need to be handed in by postal service in hard copy as well as digitally via e-mail. Your application is classed as complete only when all accompanying documentation has also arrived.
A complete application in english should consist of:
- completed application form for a specific city, including descriptions of
- Professional Background (max. 1500 characters incl. blanks)
- Motivation (max. 1500 characters incl. blanks)
- Work Proposal (max. 3000 characters incl. blanks)
- artistic CV
- work portfolio (max. 16 pages - please limit the data volume)
who is selecting?
The selection of resident artists follows the same rules in Frankfurt as it does in the guest countries: An independent jury selects up to five candidates and suggests these to an independent jury of the partner organization abroad. Of these candidates, they select a scholar who they believe is at a stage in their artistic development at which they will be likely to benefit artistically from a three month stay and who fits with the exchange program of the individual institutions the best.