January 01 - March 31, 2023
The AIR_Frankfurt program aims to promote contemporary visual arts and international exchange between the city of Frankfurt and emerging art centers worldwide. CEAAC (Centre Européen D'actions Artistiques Contemporaines) is our AIR_Frankfurt partner organisation in Strasbourg, France. The art center’s core comprises the beautiful renovated Art-Nouveau building in Rue de l’Abreuvoir, in the Strasbourg neighbourhood known as the Krutenau, near the University and the Decorative Arts School. It was built in 1902 by the architect Ferdinet Karlwei as a formerly glass and porcelain shop called Neunreiter. The building hosts the exhibtions spaces aswell as the accomodation for the international guest artists.
Partner organisation: CEAAC
Residency-Period: January 1 – March 31, 2023
Application Deadline: September 18, 2022
Who can apply?
- AIR_Frankfurt is aimed exclusively at artists who live and work in Frankfurt.
- The artists should be highly qualified and have a successful degree from an art college
- To be fluent in English is a further requirement
What is provided?
- 1000 € of monthly financial support
- travel allowance
- additional production budget
- accommodation in a studio-apartment
- integration into an artist network
- curatorial support from the hosting organization
How to apply?
Applications need to be handed in by postal service in hard copy as well as digitally via e-mail. Your application is classed as complete only when all accompanying documentation has also arrived.
A complete application in english should consist of:
- completed application form for Strasbourg, including descriptions of
- Professional Background (max. 1500 characters incl. blanks)
- Motivation (max. 1500 characters incl. blanks)
- Planned Projects / Expectations (max. 3000 characters incl. blanks)
- artistic CV
- work portfolio (max. 16 pages - please limit the data volume)
Email to: and post to:
60329 Frankfurt am Main
Who is selecting?
An independent jury selects up to five candidates and suggests these to an independent jury of the partner organization abroad. Of these candidates, they select a scholar who they believe is at a stage in their artistic development at which they will be likely to benefit artistically from a three month stay and who fits with the exchange program of the individual institutions the best.
September 18, 2022