Open Call for visual Artists from Frankfurt
Strasbourg (Jan - March 2019)
Application Deadline: September 19, 2018
CEAAC, Strasbourg (France)
The Centre Européen d’Actions Artistiques Contemporaines (CEAAC) manages the Strasbourg Artist Interchange Program in cooperation with the Région d’Alsace. For international guest artists the cultural institution makes available living studios and a large joint studio. The cooperation aims at the cross-border and regional cultural interchange and mutual inspiration in the field of contemporary art production. Consequently the CEAAC supports guest artists in organizing exhibitions and setting up contacts to the regional art scene.
Frankfurt artists in Strasbourg: January - March 2019
(Application Deadline for Frankfurt Artists: September 19, 2018)
Artists from Strasbourg in Frankfurt: January - March 2019
AIR_Frankfurt calendar 2019 for artists from Frankfurt
April - June 2019
Seoul (MMCA Goyang Residency)
estimated June - August 2019
Kuala Lumpur (lostgens')
estimated August - October 2019
estimated January - March 2020
Who can apply?
- AIR_Frankfurt is aimed exclusively at artists who live and work in Frankfurt.
- The artists should be highly qualified and be successful graduates of an art college. To be fluent in English is a further requirement.
What is provided?
- 1000 € of monthly financial support by the city of Frankfurt
- travel costs
- accomodation in a studio-apartment
- realization of a final project
- integration into an artist network
- curatorial support from the hosting organization
How to apply?
Applications need to be handed in by postal service in hard copy as well as digitally via e-mail. Your application is classed as complete only when all accompanying documentation has also arrived.
A complete application in english should consist of:
- completed application form for a specific city, including descriptions of
- Professional Background (max. 1500 characters incl. blanks)
- Motivation (max. 1500 characters incl. blanks)
- Work Proposal (max. 3000 characters incl. blanks)
- artistic CV
- work portfolio or catalogue (max. 16 pages - please limit the data volume of the digital version)
production and exhibition platform
60329 Frankfurt am Main
who is selecting?
The selection of resident artists follows the same rules in Frankfurt as it does in the guest countries: An independent jury selects up to five candidates and suggests these to an independent jury of the partner organization abroad. Of these candidates, they select a scholar who they believe is at a stage in their artistic development at which they will be likely to benefit artistically from a three month stay and who fits with the exchange program of the individual institutions the best.